Construction Project Management
Our Construction Project Management Certificate (CPM) Program provides the knowledge and skills needed by today’s managers in the construction industry. Our courses enable you to put principles and theories into immediate action on the job.
Construction Project Managment (CPM) a/k/a construction management continuing education class had been offered in conjunction with other educational institutions such as: CUNY, Baruch College, CUNY Hostos Community College, Long Island University (LIU), New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) and Pace University. For most sessions we line up guest speakers (subject to availability) in the construction industry to make a presentation to the class. You will be notified who will be presenting once the classes start. Prior presentations included the following: NYC HPD “Doing Business in NYC”; Women in Construction; including interactive field trips to construction sites or work in progress structures (see prior class photos).
The Construction Project Management (CPM) course is approved for HSW and LU’s continuing education credits. NJIT had provided 1.5 continuing education credits for the course. New York State (NYS) has approved 22.5 hours continuing education credits providing individuals such as administrators, architects, bankers, developers, engineers, general contractors, investors, lawyers, project managers, licensed real estate salespersons and brokers with an interest to acquire basic skills and knowledge in the field of construction project management with such topics as the best strategic business entities, general construction methods, contract administration, renovation scheduling and real estate development.
Course Packages & Registration
|Construction Project Management Certificate Course
|Includes a CPM manual for each Saturday session with supplement updates on construction related issues.
|Construction Project Management Certificate Course combined with Fair Housing in order to satisfy your 22.5 hours of CE.
Course ObjectivesThis New York State approved 22.5 hour continuing education course of study provides individuals such as administrators, appraisers, bankers, developers, financial analysts, general contractors, investors, lawyers, project managers, licensed real estate salespersons and brokers with an interest to acquire training and knowledge in the field of construction project management with basic construction methods, renovation planning and real estate development.
Course HighlightsTopic A: The Business Structure & Risk Management
- I. Type of Business Entities in the Construction Industry
- II. Role and Responsibilities in Construction Management
- III. Construction Insurance Coverage and Surety Bonds
- IV. Mechanic’s Liens and Liquidated Damages or Bonus
- V. Concept Design/Build, Proposals and Bidding Process
- VI. Contract Administration Methodology
- VII. Specifications, Scope of Work and Change Orders
- VIII. Construction Permits and Project Supervision
- IX. Basic Overview of Cost Estimating Methods
- X. Project Budgeting and Record keeping
- XI. Monitoring of Cost Control and Variance Analysis
- XII. Payment Scheduling, Deliverables & Project Milestones
- XIII. Construction Work Breakdown Structure & Gantt Chart
- XIV. Overview Of OSHA Compliance and Safety Protocols
- XV. Understanding Green Building Technology and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- XVI. Punch List and Close – Out Procedures
- XVII. Interactive Field Trip – Site TBA