Home Inspection License
All our Home Inspection License sessions are taught by actual professionals not just an instructor without home inspection experience. This is why Brooklyn Real Estate Institute is the only school in Brooklyn that is able to offer Module 5.
All modules are given continuously year-round. For example, when Module 5 is finished, Module 1 is given shortly thereafter and so on. Also, make-up dates are available at the end of each module if you cannot attend each session.
Course Packages & Registration
|Complete Pre-Licencing Package||100 Hour Study Course||40 Hour Field Course|
|Modules 1 - 5||Modules 1 - 4||Module 5|
|Includes-100 hour study course & 40 hour field course||100 hour Study Course||40 hour field course|
|All materials included (OVER $100 VALUE)||All materials included (OVER $100 VALUE)|
100 Hour Study Course
40 Hour Field Course
What Is Home Inspection?
Home Inspection is defined as the process by which a home inspector observes and provides a written report of the systems and components of a residential building including but not limited to: A. Heating System B. Cooling System C. Plumbing System D. Electrical System E. Structural Components: foundation, roof masonry structure, exterior/interior components or any other related residential building component recommended by the Home Inspection Council and implemented by the Department through the regulatory process.
What Are The Requirements?
- Have successfully completed high school or its equivalent
- Education: 140-hour course study consisting of 5 Modules.
- 100 hours in class (Modules 1 - 4)
- 40 hours as unpaid field-based inspections (Module 5) in the presence of NYC licensed home inspector, or a professional engineer or architect regulated by NYS. Or 100 hours of performing home inspections (paid or unpaid) in the presence of and under the direct supervision of a Home Inspector licensed by NYS, or a professional engineer or architect regulated by NYS.
- Successful Completion of an Exam: Have passed the NYS written examination
- Application Fee: Each application must be accompanied by a nonrefundable application fee of $250; the license will be effective for 2 years.
- Examination Fee: $50 - for each exam taken.
For more information, visit the Department of State website.
Module 1: Structure, Roofing & Exteriors Module 2: Interiors, Electrical Systems, Insulation & Ventilation Module 3: Heating, Cooling & Plumbing Module 4: License Law, Overview of Profession & Report Writing Module 5: Field Training