Real Estate Broker License
For that next step in career advancement we offer the 45 Hour Real Estate Broker License Course. This course consists of 11 sessions, which can be taken in any order. Once all the sessions have been completed the student can take both the school and state exams.
Having a Real Estate Broker License gives you that extra level of expertise that is needed in today’s competitive Real Estate world. It also allows you to open your own independent brokerage firm, as opposed to being under an existing brokerage house.
Course Packages & Registration
|45-Hour Sales Licensing Course|
|NYREI Broker School Exam|
|30-Hour Remedial Sales Course|
|NYREI Remedial Course Exam|
- Real Estate Broker applicants must be 20 years of age or older.
- You must have at least two years of experience as a licensed Salesperson. You can begin taking the Broker Course before all the required experience has been accumulated.
- You must show proof of 3,500 points based on transactions as an agent or 5,200 points through equivalent experience in general real estate business. For more information on the point requirements and to print out an application, click here.
- If you have enough related experience, you can get your Brokers license without having a Salesperson license, but you will need to take 120 hours of coursework, which includes both the Salesperson and Brokers courses.
- The Broker Course qualifies for your 22.5-hour Continuing Education requirement after the completion of the school exam and 3.75 hours of Fair Housing.
- Our Brokers Course is 45 hours and offered in 11 separate numbered sessions.
- You can start any day, any time, with any session number.
- You can take the sessions in any order that is convenient to you, as long as you don't repeat any numbered sessions.
- We are the only school that allows you to mix and match sessions between day and night classes and from one month to the next.
- Once you complete all 11 sessions, it's time to take your school and state exams.
- Once both exams are passed, you can apply for your Brokers license.
Session TopicsNew Sessions for 45 Hour Broker course as of May 1, 2012
- Session 1 - Chapter 1 - License Law
- Session 2 - Chapter 2 - Law of Agency (old session 3)
- Session 3 - Chapter 3 - Agency and Real Estate Brokerage (old session 4)
- Session 4 - Chapter 4 - The Broker’s Office (old session 2)
- Session 5 - Chapter 5 - Real Estate Finance (old session 8)
- Session 6 - Chapter 6 - Real Estate Investments/Math (old session 10)
- Session 7 - Chapter 7 - Business Law (old session 11)
- Session 8 - Chapter 8 - Construction and Development (old session 6)
- Session 9 - Chapter 9 - Conveyance of Real Property (old session 7)
- Session 10 - Chapter 10 - Property Management (old session 5)
- Session 11 - Chapter 11 - Taxes & Assessments/Local concerns (old session 9)
- Session 12 - Test