Real Estate License (Salesperson)
Begin your real estate career by getting your Real Estate License at Brooklyn Real Estate Institute. This 75-hour Real Estate License course offers you the ultimate in schedule flexibility. The course is divided into 20 sessions which can be taken in any order. Start your studies at any time, you have 4 months to complete your Real Estate License program or finish as quickly as 10 days. Upon completion of all 20 sessions, students are prepared to take both the school and state exams.
Course Packages & Registration
|75-Hour Sales Licensing Course||yes||yes||yes|
|Weekly Real Estate Webinars||yes||yes||yes|
|BKREI School Exam||yes||yes||yes|
|"Cram for the Exam" Exam Prep Book||yes||yes|
|Lifetime Job Placement Assistance||yes||yes|
|First 22.5 Hours of Continuing Education FREE||yes|
|25% Off All Future Continuing Education Classes||yes|
|10% Off Any Other Classes at NYREI||yes|
|$25.00 Off Your First Continuing Education Class||yes|
Real Estate Salesperson Course Textbook
Real Estate License Requirements
- Real Estate Agent applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time you apply.
- You must have successfully completed a Department of State approved 75-hour qualifying course. If you have completed the 45-hour salesperson qualifying course prior to July 1, 2008, you may complete the 30-hour remedial course in order to qualify for licensure.
- You must be sponsored by a NY licensed real estate broker.
- You must pass the NY real estate salesperson examination.
- You must not have any felonies on your record (exceptions may apply).
- When you apply for your real estate license, you must have a photo on record at the NYS DMV. If you do not have a valid NYS Driver License or Non-Driver ID with photo, you must visit a DMV office to have your picture taken before applying for your real estate license.
For more information, visit the Department of State website.
- Our class is offered in 20 separate numbered sessions.
- You can start any day, any time, with any session number.
- Sessions are independent of one another, so you can take them in any order, as long as you don't repeat any numbered sessions.
- Once you complete all 20 sessions, you can take your NYREI and Department of State exams.
- Once both exams are passed, you can apply for your license with your sponsoring broker.
- If you need help choosing a sponsoring broker, we have dozens of NY's top real estate firms that recruit daily!
NY State Exam
You are required to make an online reservation in order to take the Department of State exam. Even if you plan on taking the exam a few months from now, we recommend that you make your reservation immediately.
Department of State
Click here if you have questions about the Department of State requirements.
As of July 2008 New York State increased the required hours for a Real Estate Salesperson’s License to 75 hours. The Remedial Course is mandatory for those licensees who received their Sales License prior to that date and wish to pursue a Broker’s License or had their Salesperson License lapse.
- Register for your classes online or in person.
- Complete the NYREI course and school exam, and obtain your School Certificate.
- Sign up for an eAccess account and successfully complete the NY Department of State Test (a one hour exam given each Tuesday in lower Manhattan) to meet the licensing requirements.
- Find a real estate office "sponsoring broker" where you will work and be supervised as a salesperson.
- Click here to file your license online with the Department of State.
More Licensing Courses
- Real Estate License (Salesperson) 75 hrs
- Real Estate Broker License 45 hrs
- Appraisal License 150-300 hrs
- Mortgage Loan Officer 20 hrs
- Home Inspection License 140 hrs
Find Us Online